Collecting vast amounts of air miles is undeniably a valued perk of credit card spending. With the right card, securing free flights and upgrades can be a cinch. But what about the times you’re making big monthly payments (think rent, school fees, insurance, tax and more) and are missing out on rewards because the recipient doesn’t accept credit cards? Not only does CardUp provide a solution to this problem, by signing up you’ll also gain access to a whole host of additional perks and benefits that will save you money in the long term.
Start using CardUp for regular, large monthly payments and you’ll quickly see your air miles tally rocket. If jetsetting is a priority, be sure to utilise credit cards that offer the best dollar to mile ratio. We’ve searched the market and there are cards that offer a generous 1.4 to 1.6 miles per dollar uncapped. In other words, for a $1,000 rent payment, you can be earning up to 1,640 miles at a cost of only $26 in CardUp fees, since your rent is an expense you’re already paying for today and getting no rewards on! And at that rate, you’ll quickly rack up enough air miles to open up a world of travel opportunities.
Here’s an example: if you spend $5,000 per month through CardUp using a 1.4 miles per dollar card (plus a 2.6% monthly fee of $130), within a year you’ll accrue 86,100 Krisflyer miles: enough for a business class return ticket to Japan worth $4,000! Though we charge a fee, it is quickly outweighed by the amount you’d be saving on your next flight. Still need convincing? Let us talk you through the logic here. While you’re at it, have a play with our handy air miles calculator to discover how quickly you can accrue enough miles to secure a free flight for your next big trip.
But that’s not the only way to save, here are 5 other ways CardUp can help make the most of your earnings:
- If you haven’t explored cashback credit cards then you’re missing out! Read our guide to the best cashback cards to use with CardUp and start saving now. You can also split your payments over different cards which makes it possible to save an extra $1,000 annually.
- Time is money: save yours. Do you have monthly payments to make? All you need to do is log in to CardUp once and you can schedule all your recurring payments at one go – it will take you less than 5 minutes. No longer will you have to manually transfer funds or write cheques. We’ll worry about getting your payments processed on time, so you don’t have to.
- By signing up to CardUp you’ll also unlock discounts and benefits that are tailored specifically for you through our CardUp Rewards programme. Enjoy offers on your groceries, delivery or home fixing services and more from our partner brands.
- Read this quick guide advising how you can turn your home into a cash cow. In particular, by making your rental and bill payments through CardUp you’ll be able to reap rewards on big monthly payments that you’d otherwise miss out on.
- We run many discounted fee offers and flash sales. When you sign up, you’ll be the first to know when we run our next promotion – that means generating even more miles at no or low cost! What are you waiting for?